I'm always asked what books the aspiring artist should study, so I compiled a list of the more important books in my own library!|
There are plenty of great books out there to study, so if you can't get these exact ones, don't worry! There are many more similar ones out there!
- "The Five C's of Cinematography" by Joseph Mascelli
- "Comics & Sequential Art" by Will Eisner
- "Successful Drawing" by Andrew Loomis
- "Dynamic Anatomy" by Burne Hogarth (WARNING -- contains drawings of nude male and female bodies)
- "Dynamic Figure Drawing" by Burne Hogarth (WARNING -- contains drawings of nude male and female bodies)
- "Human Anatomy for Artists" by Eliot Goldfinger
- "Drawing the Female Figure" by Joseph Sheppard (WARNING -- contains drawings of nude female bodies)
- "The Figure in Motion" by Thomas Easley (WARNING -- contains photographs of nude male and female bodies)
- "Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery" by Burne Hogarth
- "Dynamic Light and Shade" by Burne Hogarth
- "How to Draw Caricatures" by Lenn Redman
- Countless other photographic reference books on cities, vehicles, police, weapons, ships, etc., etc.!